Welcome to Race Day!
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Rock River Valley Blood Center
419 N. 6th Street
Thursday April 6th 6:30am – 6:00pm
Friday April 7th 6:30am – 9:30am
Race Day Schedule
NIU-Rockford, 6:30 – 7:30 am (NO EXCEPTIONS)
5-K run begins, 8 am
Fitness walk begins, 8:10 am
Awards to follow race results.
The 5-K Course
Start at NIU-Rockford through the rolling hills of
the neighborhood, north on University Ave. to
Rote Rd., returning on University Ave. to the NIU
How you can help
Your entry fee and especially your pledges will fund awareness about the lifesaving need for organ, tissue, eye, blood and marrow cell donations and raise funds to sustain those efforts in the community. Every dollar pledged brings us closer to our goal of helping every patent find their lifesaving match
Pledges are the key to fundraising for the Red Shoe Run For Donor Awareness. Please make your donation first and ask family and friends to support your efforts in the run or walk through monetary donations. Their generosity will help those who need marrow and stem cell transplants. Please run or walk for all of them.
All pledge money must be turned in prior to the race. Grand prizes will be awarded to the top individual fund raiser. Special prizes will be given to individuals for pledges totalling $100, $200, $300 & $500.
|1st Place Overall*||1||1|
|8 and Under||3||3|
|75 and up||3||3|
* Sponsored by the family of Carrie Jane Smith, race awards will be given to first-place overall female and male of the 5-K Run.
No awards will be given for the fitness walk.
Other Event Details
- No roller blades, skateboards, bicycles or pets are allowed on the racecourse.
- Electronic CHIP timing provided by RealTiming Inc.
- Splits called at 1 and 2 miles.
- Water stations provided.
- Refreshments available.
- Baby joggers and strollers will start behind all other runners.
- Race results will be posted by realtiminginc.com and rockfordroadrunners.org.
- If the race is canceled due to weather, thank you for your contribution to the Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness.
MEDICAL SUPPORT PROVIDED BY:
Lifeline Ambulance Service LLC.
A division of OSF St. Francis Inc.